Hanon Educational Materials
You may promote Hanon exercises by printing and sharing the PDFs
How to practice piano more effectively :
- Practice each hand separately first.
- Practice this exercise slowly in the beginning (metronome on 60). If you played it easily, and precisely with the metronome, move the tempo up one notch. Continue to practice in this way
until you reach 108 bpm.
- Try to practice Hanon Exercise N°6 in the other keys, starting with the white keys (C, D, E, F, G, A, and
B) and then going to the black keys (D-flat, E-flat, G-flat, A-flat, and
- Practice with various dynamics. Practice soft, loud and everything in between.
- As you practice, vary the touch. Play staccato, play legato, and play two-note slurs.
- Practice in different rhythms.
- And as Charles-Louis Hanon recommends it, practice the exercises by lifting the fingers high and with precision, playing each note very distinctly.
We hope the above tips will help make your piano practice more efficient.
Write a comment
Marcelo de Resende (Thursday, 15 February 2018 17:07)
Hello, good morning.
Recently I tried to download exercises below related and unfortunately they have an error precluding their visualization.
Piano technique exercise N°6 in Db
Piano technique exercise N°6 in Gb
Piano technique exercise N°6 in Ab
Piano technique exercise N°6 in A
Piano technique exercise N°7 in Eb
Piano technique exercise N°7 in A
Piano technique exercise N°8 in C
Piano technique exercise N°8 in B
Could they help us?
Mari (Monday, 05 March 2018 18:08)
To add to Marcelo de Resende's post, also not working:
Piano technique exercise N°6 in B
I have emailed twice inquiring about these missing lessons however, no one has gotten back to me.
Dorothy (Saturday, 14 September 2019 16:41)
hope it works
Bruno (Sunday, 05 April 2020 04:20)
File not found.
Nurudin Kaba (Saturday, 27 June 2020 19:43)
still not fixed